Continuing to connect and remain intimate with our breath, bodies and heart as we care for each other by working from home and social distancing remains vital to me, and I hope you as well. Feel free to share thoughts and feedback with me via email.
Sundays 10am-11:30am: Int/Adv Dharma flow $15
Tuesdays 8:30-9am: Morning Flow $5
Interested in staying updated? Subscribe to my Zoom newsletter – this is different than my regular newsletter group, in order not to spam those who only want regular updates.
1) Pay via Venmo to @jwhitneyyoga no later than 30 minutes before class
** In the note section include: Time + Date of class + email **
i.e. 10am 3/22 email@example.com (email needed only for first booking)
2) You will receive an email with a calendar invite link & password for that class within 24 hrs.
3) 30 minutes before class you’ll receive an email with suggested props to have on hand, a suggested playlist, and the zoom link.
4) Recommendations for practicing Yoga and Meditation via Zoom are below. Please make sure to read before attending your first class.
Zoom Yoga Recommendations
- “Arrive” in the room a few minutes before the start of class to assure your computer settings and physical space are arranged appropriately.
If you don’t have a yoga mat, most floors have enough traction for standing poses. Have a towel or other soft surface handy for when we’re sitting/kneeling/laying on the ground.
Give a quick look around your space and move any nearby objects. Lifting one leg from downward dog can especially lead us to bump into things in a new space, so try that one out.
Homemade props are listed below.1) A strap – you can use a bathrobe belt, scarf, or similar item2) Blocks – you can use large sturdy books3) Blanket – you can use a bath towel or throw blanket
Try to ask any cohabitors (people or animals alike) to allow you this time to refresh, recenter, and calm undisturbed
Technical aspects:1) Please mute yourself on Zoom when class starts.2) It’s up to you if you would like to use video or not. Seeing you can help guide my instructions and create a sense of community.
Let’s stay in touch on how to navigate this new space together, and see if other guidelines are needed.
- “Arrive” in the room a few minutes early so we can all be settled to start on time.
- The sessions will be automatically muted for all. You can decide as you enter the Zoom room if you’d like to have you camera on or not. It can be helpful for me to be able to see everyone’s posture to help guide tips I might give that are directly relevant to the group. However, it’s also fine to prefer to have your camera off.
- Please visit this link with helpful guidance and images for setting up your seat
- At the end of the session, I will unmute, and you are free to ask questions either via audio or via the text feature. This can include questions on technique, something you noticed about your experience, me checking your posture, or anything else. This will be limited to 5 minutes.