Yoga Between the Lines: A Yoga Book Club
Groups of 2, 3, and 4 yogis will spend the afternoon exploring standing poses, inversions, balances, core building, and quieting poses – all with group assists and adjustments. Through playful connection and community we’ll:
- cultivate a deeper understanding of how our breath functions in poses
- be supported in making break throughs
- indulge in yogi playtime with fun balances and challenges
- channel the inner yoga teacher in us, and learn how to give great hands on assists
- receive those great Thai Massage-like adjustments where we wish the teacher would just stay there all day
Requirements: Please wear yoga capris or pants, no shorts:)
Location: Mala Yoga – click the link to register!
You know the poses your teachers say that sound kind of like ladalada-asana? Ever wonder why they don’t just use English? Sometimes they can’t! Most poses are named after generic things or beings (adho mukha svanasana – downward facing dog). Then there is the set named after ancient rishis – yoga sages -which have no translation into English.
In this workshop series we’ll study both the physical side of these poses, as well as the sages who inspired them through Vinyasa Flow, Pose Workshop, and Dharma. Together we’ll investigate the meaning they have for our very modern day bodies and lives.
Poses include twists & arm balances: Koundinyasana, Marichyasana, Vasisthasana, Kasyapasana, Visvamitrasana (pictured), Ashtavakrasana, and Galavasana. Appropriate for All Level & Int/Adv students.